The new modular design of the Sky-Watcher EQM-35 computerised mount is suitable for use at home or on the move. Leave fully set up for use at your address, or when on travels you can remove the DEC Axis together with the heavy counterweight shaft and counterweights, reducing the instrument’s weight considerably.
Easy to use and set up with the Skywatcher SynScan GOTO system giving you a massive database of 42,900 objects.
This amazing design means you do not need to purchase two different mounts for home and away.
In this configuration you can use a simple 45mm dovetail plate with tripod screw (not supplied) and fit your camera directly using a ball head (not supplied). Alternatively a DSLR can be mounted to a Sky-Watcher Star Adventurer L-Bracket (not supplied). With the DEC axis removed the mount only tracks in RA and you can easily take photos. Now the mount works in a similar way to the Star Adventurer mount, but heavier duty.
The mount head bears some cosmetic similarity to the EQ3 PRO but it has much improved features and performance. For example the mount is equipped with a large 92.5 mm diameter RA worm wheel with 180 teeth for high precision tracking (compared to 130 teeth for the EQ3). Also the strength of the rotary base has been increased. This results in much greater stability, higher payload capacity and less vibration. Through this the periodic error is also greatly improved.
The EQM-35 PRO SynScan is a conveniently sized mount with impressive features suitable for both novice & experienced astronomers alike, for both visual and imaging use.
- Positioning Accuracy up to 1 arc minute. Accuracy enhanced by software collimation error (mount mechanical error) compensation.
- High Precision Stepper Motors with 1.8° step angle and 64 micro steps driven.
- Resolution 0.28125 Arc Second
- Slewing speed up to 3.4°/sec (800X).
- ST-4 type Autoguider Interface: Supports 0.25x, 0.5x, 0.75x 1x guiding rate
- Dual or Single Axis Tracking
- Tracking Rate: Lunar, Solar or Sidereal
- Synscan™ Hand Controller with 42,900+ Object database containing complete Messier, NGC, and IC catalogues.
- Periodic Error Correction.
- PC compatibility.
- Synscan Handset Firmware Upgradeable via internet download.
- Supplied with Polarscope
- Latitude Adjustment 15° to 65°
- R.A. Worm Gear 92.5mm Diameter, 180 Teeth
- DEC Worm Gear 34.3mm Diameter, 65 Teeth
- R.A. Worm Drive 25.5mm Diameter, Steel
- DEC Worm Drive 20mm Diameter, Steel
- Payload Capacity 10kg
- Stabiliser Bar 20mm Diameter, Steel
- Counterweights supplied: 2 x 3.4kg
- Weight of Mount Head: 4.38kg (3.28 kg with DEC & Bar removed)
- 1.75″ Diameter Stainless Steel Tripod & Accessory Tray, Weight 5.7kg
- Power Requirement DC12V 3A Tip Positive
- Sky-Watcher 7Ah or 17Ah Power Tank Recommended