North Lincs Astro have teamed up with The Waters Edge Country Park and the Lincolnshire Wildlife trust to host a great event in conjunction with BBC star gazing live.
Date. January 16th 2012. 6pm till late
Location. Waters` Edge Visitors Centre, Barton Upon Humber. North Lincolnshire
Parking and enterance are free.
- North Lincs Astro group
- East Riding Astronomers
- Take a look at whats going on (subject to change)
- Tour of the winter skies – Talk with Paul Money
- Starlight Quiz – A self guided walk around the park
- Minature Planet – View interesting things from our Planet through telescopes
- Moon Buggies – Make self powered buggies from recycled material
- Astro Mobiles – Make mobiles of stars and planets
- Nocturnal Mysteries – A guided walk with night vision scopes
- Winter Moths – A display of Moths that can be found in winter
- Feed the birds – Make bird feeders from pine cones
- Dinner time – Display of Owl pellets. Can you work out what he had for dinner ?
- Nocturnal Disguises – Bat and Owl masks to make and wear
- Bookmarks – Bookmarks to decorate and take home
- Wildlife zone – Badger, Bats, Hedgehogs and birds of the Night
- How to do imaging – Demonstrations on how to take photos through a telescope
- Binoculars – A chance to buy binoculars from the centre on the night
- Free hot chocolate to keep you warm